We were driving past a cemetery and my Dad said in a dead serious quiet voice “I know something you don’t know about this place. The people living in this town aren’t allowed to be buried here.” And I was really confused so I asked why and he said
"Because they’re still alive."
Fuck you, Dad, with your creepy Dad jokes.
As dad jokes go, that one IS rather unsettling O.O
OP means original poster, in this case tumblr user dingy.
macklemore: “don’t shit on other people just because they’re of a different race or because of their sexuality.”
the world: “hey, lets shit on macklemore because he’s straight and white; therefore he shouldn’t be spreading a good message because he’s already…
Is OP supposed to be me?
Whatever happens tonight, please remember that Jennifer winning doesn’t mean she’s a racist or that Lupita winning means Jennifer didn’t give an Oscar-worthy performance. Both are charming, talented women who have a big career ahead of them so don’t pit them against each other for something they have absolutely no control about. Hate the Academy all you want, but don’t hate them.
This is one of my favorite Doctor Who moments, by far.
But imagine some random crossover situation in which Luke Smith and Jake Sisko are both up for different awards at some awards ceremony and Sarah Jane and Benjamin end up sitting next to each other and getting all teary-eyed when their boy goes up on stage and being like, “DO YOU SEE THAT FINE UPSTANDING YOUNG MAN I SINGLE-PARENTED THE SHIT OUT THAT KID OH MY GOD YOU TOO LET US HUG”
the heart by the tumblr logo is PULSATING
IT KNOWS I KILLED THAT MAN
IT’S HERE! UNDER THE DASHBOARD!
LET ME TELL YOU A THING ABOUT SHIRLEY TEMPLE
Not only did this ABSURDLY ADORABLE little superstar pretty much singlehandedly save Fox and the movie industry during the Great Depression, she also
- was one of the first (possibly the first) white actress to hold hands with a black man on screen as half of the first interracial dance couple on screen.
- was largely responsible for making breast cancer okay to talk about after she had a press conference about her own mastectomy
- became president of the Multiple Sclerosis Society and co-founded the International Federation of Multiple Sclerosis Societies, because her brother had MS
- was the first female Chief of Protocol in US Government history
- served as a US ambassador during the fall of Communism and was pretty much an all around international BADASS
And according to her husband, she was always true to herself. “Over 38 years I have participated in her life 24 hours a day through thick and thin, traumatic situations, exultant situations, and I feel she has only one personality. She would be catastrophic for the psychiatric profession. You can wake her up in the middle of the night and she has the same personality everybody knows. What everybody has seen for 60 years is the bedrock.” (x)
Shirley Temple is hands down the most legendary child star of all time and she grew up to be a total BAMF. Rest in peace, Curly Top.
photo credit: this awesome blog